April 23, 2008

knitting in public

For the past two days i've knitted on the bus, both to and from work. It can be a little awkward trying not to hit whoever sits next to me with my needles, but i get a surprising amount done between Kilbirnie and Lambton Quay. 

This morning a lovely older lady sat next to me, grinned, and said 'oh, i've never tried knitting with rainbow yarn before.' I get the feeling it made her day to see that knitting was still alive and well. 

There is a world wide knit in public day, and i've signed up to host a meeting. Not sure how well knitting outside in the middle of a Wellington winter will work though!

so, how many times can I say knitting in a post?!

What is everyone up to for ANZAC weekend? The plan is for a whole load of sewing and maybe a nosey around Newtown as I haven't been there in yonks. Am still tossing up as to if I am game to get up at 5.30 to go to a dawn service on Friday, but keep thinking of all the amazing photo potential there will be...

PS - i'm almost at my 100th post...hmm what shall the give away be?

2 comments:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

I more than recommend a small circ needle and creating a bus-specific project to minimise elbow-pokage. ;)

Louise said...

Yay for knitting on public transport! I had the same issues with trying not to poke the person next to me with my needles, but I transferred my scarf onto circulars and it's much easier to knit on the bus now.