June 10, 2008

advice, please

Work has become a series of brick walls that I keep smacking my head on, so by the time i get home all i want to do is collapse in a heap and shut the rest of the world out...only to do it all again the next day. I am the kind of person who wants to do the best possible job no matter what, but it's proven yet again that my personal life is what suffers. oh and my head. My body is now yelling STOP and i don't know what to do bar taking two weeks off, which is currently not an option. 

Anyone have any no fail ways to deal with such things? bar knitting (which is also currently stressing me out cos i don't really know what i'm doing at this stage of thermal) and spending loads of money that i don't have.

In the meantime I have hot shoes and just made the very last payment on my half of our car. woohoo!

2 comments:

Louise said...

I always find exercise helps. No matter how much I don't want to do it, afterwards I always feel much better. Can you get out at lunchtime for a walk or a run? Or a swim after work? I find I can more easily empty my mind and de-stress when I'm doing something repetitive like running.

ikkinlala said...

I agree with Louise about exercise, and I also find that music helps me.